Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Poem: Rumination

Music helps me open the doors
to those mystical realms of clouded memories
in the concealed chambers of my mind;
even if it is only a glimpse through the crevice
formed by the push of those musical notes
and only a faint scent wafts through
towards the surface of my consciousness.

That feeling in my heart that so expresses
a joy and sadness beyond compare
with a burst of deep-rooted insight,
just like how a gush of fresh air is to man
resurfacing from the depths of a sea;
a perplexing blue that drowns away
that elation in a flash, just as quick as it came.

Once again I pluck the strings, in my yearn
for that singular most sensation in me;
a desolate note now being struck, for

as I plunge back and the doors close,
all that hope drowns away in a drone
of the so-called reality engulfing my world
– a drab place to which I feel no belonging.  

No comments:

Post a Comment